This post is sponsored by Oikos Greek Yogurt. As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.
If given the choice do you choose sweet or savory? I’m somewhere in the middle and it completely depends on my mood. I have noticed that when I start out with a sweeter breakfast, I naturally crave sugars more during the day. But if I start out with a savory meal, I tend to make better decisions. But of course a day without sweets isn’t a day I want to have so I love ending each day with a healthy sweet. Thankfully, Oikos Blended Nonfat Greek Yogurt is so versatile that I can use it to create both sweet and savory bowls. You can find it now at Publix!
I’m always on the hunt for new recipes to add protein throughout the day to make sure I walk away from each meal feeling satiated while getting in the proper macros that will help sustain me. Yogurt is the perfect base for meals while giving the opportunity to have “clean the fridge” meals which are always a fam favorite.
Reasons We Love New Blended Nonfat Oikos Greek Yogurt
- Made with creamy fresh milk. You can actually taste the difference here. And its so rich in consistency that you won’t even notice the fact that it is zero fat.
- Oikos Blended Nonfat Greek Yogurt has 50% more real fruit chunks than previous Oikos Greek Yogurt products (only for fruit flavors). So it is just as good on its own if you are in a hurry and need something delicious on the run.
- Oikos only uses milk sourced from family-owned farms.
- With flavors like Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry, Cherry and Plain it is amazing on its own, but can easily be spiced up to make interesting meals.
Sweet Yogurt Bowl
Tired of cereal or eggs in the am? Time to shake it up! Yogurt bowls are all the rage. So what do you put on one? Literally the sky’s the limit here.
- Fruit (fresh, frozen, dried and dehydrated)
- Chia seeds: Very healthy, but they absorb liquid quickly so add right before serving.
- Nut butter or nuts
Savory Yogurt Bowl Ingredients
Sweet isn’t for everyone. So finding savory options to help those get in additional bone-building calcium, as well as other nutrients essential for good health is a must. Dairy foods are associated with all kinds of health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
The best savory yogurt bowls end up being the ones you didn’t plan but just come from cleaning out the fridge. I fell in love with savory yogurt bowls while traveling overseas and love having them no matter what time of the day.
Here is a list of items I love adding to my savory bowls.
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- Flavored Olive Oil
- Pine Nuts (or any kind of nut)
- Salmon and dill
Sweet Treat: Frozen Yogurt Bark
As someone who is trying to break her nightly ice cream fix with something healthier, these are such a great replacement. Frozen yogurt bark is the perfect refreshing treat that is easy to throw together, healthy and packed with a ton of protein. Make sure you have these on hand at all times.
I recommend storing your frozen yogurt bark in an airtight container in the freezer until you’re ready to serve! I prefer them after they have had a few minutes to soften on the counter.
Again these are so easy to throw together, that I want you to get creative with what you have instead of ingredients you need to buy.
- Chocolate Chips
- Nut Butter Drizzle
Now share with me how you love to enjoy your Oikos greek yogurt. Head to Publix and check out the New Oikos Blended Nonfat Greek Yogurt. Click HERE for a digital coupon to try new Oikos Blended Nonfat Greek Yogurt product for yourself.