This purging tips post is sponsored by Hoffmann Brothers. Thank you so very much for supporting the brands that help support this blog.
Whoever created spring cleaning had it all wrong. Who wants to be inside cleaning and organizing after months of short days and cold dreary weather? Winter cleaning just makes sense. As soon as spring rolls around, we don’t want to be bothered by cleaning and purging. We want to be basking in sunlight.
Not to mention January is just a great time to start since there are so many resources readily available. We are already cooped up inside in the warmth. We might as well make use of our time, while also catching up on our Netflix seasons, right?
Speaking of warm and cozy houses, this is the perfect time to call Hoffmann Brothers and have them come out to make sure everything is running smoothly. Their Home Protection Plan covers your whole home. Putting your mind at ease knowing that you have a professional to call for all of your Nashville HVAC, heating, air conditioning, and plumbing needs.
Winter Cleaning and Purging Tips
HVAC Nashville, TN Heating & Cooling Services
- Heating Installation – HVAC replacements
- HVAC Repair in Nashville – nearly all, heating & furnace repairs
- Heating Maintenance – Get your annual tune-up
- Ductless Heating
- Air Handlers
- HVAC Package Units
Since we are going to get busy cleaning other aspects of your house, Hoffmann Brothers will also make sure the air you are breathing in your house is clean with these services:
- Air Cleaners
- Air Purifiers
- UV Germicidal Light Services
Current HVAC Specials
- $500 Off a complete HVAC installation
- $40 off any Heating system repair
Clean (and I really mean clean).Give your house a deep clean to get rid of all the dust and dirt that’s been collecting over the winter. Clean the windows, dust the tops of shelves and light fixtures, scrub the floors, etc. Not only will every room be squeaky clean, you’ll also feel really accomplished.
Organize your holiday decor/items. Now that the holidays are behind us, why not go through and organize (or minimize!) all your holiday stuff so you know exactly where they are when it’s time to bring them out this year. At the very least you can go through and organize your wrapping paper and gift bags.
Clean out your closets. If you haven’t worn that old coat that’s been tucked away in darkest part of your closet, donate it! Someone else could get a lot more use out of it than you.
Organize your kitchen cabinets. Better yet, do it while baking an HH recipe. Chocolate chip cookies are always a great motivator 🙂
Declutter your bathroom. When was the last time you cleaned under your sink? A winter purge may be just what it needs.
Things to Purge
- Toys. After the holidays, our homes are bursting at the seams. I like to do this before “so Santa has room for new ones” but if you missed that memo, now is the time. Things to ask yourself. Is this toy age-appropriate? Do they play with it? Is it broken? Do you have duplicates?
- Clothes. This helps make room for new season. So many times we forget what’s hanging and purchase similar items. Taking inventory of what you have and what fits helps make shopping easier. If you haven’t worn it the last year, you won’t wear it. It’s time. Do this with the kids closets too!
- Cabinets, Closets, and Drawers. Sometimes it’s easier to put things behind doors than to throw away. And before we know it, our spaces are full of things we don’t use or love. Time to go through these hidden nooks and donate or discard the things you aren’t using. I have such a bad habit of buying cleaners that I don’t love and then keeping them, knowing I’ll never choose them first.
- Specific items, food storage without matching pieces, cords to items you no longer use, extra linens and towels, expired food and RX,
Things to Clean
I have recently started following Go Clean Co along with the rest of the internet and am kind of obsessed with her cleaning tactics.
- Baseboards and walls. At a very young age I began incessantly reminding my children hands don’t go on walls. So I actually don’t have to do this very often.
- Windows. Winter is not a time to filter the sun from coming into the house. Keep those windows shiny and clear. I found these window cleaning cloths recently and it has made cleaning the inside and outside of my windows a breeze, with no chemicals or waste.
- Linens. There’s probably been increased traffic in your home, kids have spent more time inside so I like to refresh my linens and get them all clean again. I throw couch covers and everything in the wash, just making sure not to fully dry before placing back on.
- Air filters. No point in cleaning the house when the air you are breathing is dirty. Time to change out those filters. Thankfully with a Home Protection Plan through Hoffmann Brothers your filters are included making staying on top of this easy.
Happy cleaning and organizing. Let’s get this house under control so we are ready to enjoy spring time.
What are some of your favorite cleaning and purging tips? Let me know in a comment below!