Once I heard someone say, “if you can’t find it on the internet, do it first and do it fast.” And that’s what happened here with this DIY balloon garland advent calendar.
In years past I typically hit up Amazon for an advent calendar. But this year, I teamed up with a group of friends to share our DIY advent calendars. Ill be sharing all of them soon.
Naturally I went to Pinterest to get some ideas and inspiration. Balloon garlands are such a fun way to decorate for events and I couldn’t find a single Advent Calendar on the internet made out of balloon garland. So this is either going to be a smashing success, or there’s a reason it’s not out there. You get to decide!
DIY Balloon Garland Advent Calendar
Considerations When Deciding on a DIY Advent Calendar
- Needs to be functional and fashionable. Meaning it needs to be a traditional Advent Calendar but it also needs to be part of our decor.
- Needs to be affordable
- Easy and quick to DIY
- Customizable for everyone’s taste as well as traditions.
- Kids need to love it.
A balloon garland advent calendar fits all of these. Now before moving forward with this I did hit up my internet friends and asked them how long they have kept balloon garlands around. Most people who decided to keep them up told me they lasted 6-8 weeks. Which is more than enough time.
- This bundled deal has everything you would need but you can buy separately as well.
- 24 balloons
- Balloon Pump
- Balloon garland strip
- Number stickers
- Activity List found below
- Choose 24 balloons based off your color scheme
- Cut you the strips of actives and roll them up.
- Stretch the balloon out to make it easier to blow up and I feel like this makes them last longer.
- Put one activity in each balloon.
- Using pump, blow you balloon to below capacity and tie closed.
- Continue steps 4 and 5 for all balloons.
- Don’t overthink balloon placement on plastic strip.
- Hang using washi tape, thumb tacks, or command hooks.
- Place numbers 1-24 on balloons.
- Fill in holes with “fluff” to add a little more holiday
- Pop daily and complete activity.
Now I want to see yours! So tag me in them using #BalloonGarlandAdventCalendar so I can share with my community!
Have you done a DIY balloon garland before? Let me know in a comment below!
Leave a Reply