Looking for a staycation/vacation that the whole family will love? SoundWaves water park at Gaylord Opryland in Nashville is just the place. The best part, this is a year round destination. But for this post, Im just going to talk about our most recent trip during the summer of 2020. Yep, that summer. The one we don’t speak of.
Soundwaves Water Park
What is Soundwaves
This isn’t your typical waterpark. Once you turn the corner towards the electric blue hallway to Sounwaves you will quickly realize this is an upscale park for the whole family. So preconceived notions need to be left at the door. Open Year Round – 111,000 Square Feet Of Upscale Water Attractions And Activities that will blow the whole families mind.
We actually planned a trip with families and my mom and single sister said “hey wait, we want to come too.” Literally something for everyone!
Soundwaves Scavenger Hunt
- Adult Indoor Infinity Pool with Bar
- Lily Pads
- Lazy River + Rapid River
- Rock Wall
- Family Ride 4-5 People
- Tube Rides
- Toddler Area
- Surf Shop in case you forget something.
- Wave Pool
- Outdoor Toddler Area
- Adult Only Pool
Lets Talk Safety
Gaylord Opryland has gone above and beyond to make sure their guest are safe and stay healthy. From the moment you walk in the door, you realize they take their job very seriously. Forgot your mask? There was a guy there at the front handing them out. Keep in mind that during the time we went, Nashville had a mask mandate for everyone over 12+. So if you were in the hotel your mask had to be on, unless you were eating, in your room, or at Soundwaves.
Since none of us know what’s going on or how to function these days. They had signage everything so I never felt lost. For example, the outside of the elevators is signage reminding you that only 4 people are allowed at a time or 6 foot markings on the floor of SoundWaves to social distance while waiting in lines for rides. This also helped the kids make sure they were socially distanced. There were also people there to remind you if you didn’t come together, stay apart. So don’t be intimidated with what current rules are, they are great are keeping us up to date with current regulations.
Insider Soundwaves Tips
- Request cabanas #8-10 if you are traveling with kids. They are the most centrally located. Outdoor kiddie pool, slides, and wave pool are all right there as well as the entrance into the indoor waterpark.
- During summer, I prefer the outdoors to the indoors. The white noise of the inside (I’m super sensitive to noises) and the humidity makes the outside so much more enjoyable to me. My kids of course loved everything about the inside more.
- Get there before 10am on check-in day wearing bathing suits and have your pool bag ready. Check-in and leave bags at the bellhop then head to Soundwaves for the full day.
- Check-out day, you can stay at the park till noonish.
- Get in line prior to the doors opening of Soundwaves to grab chairs outside if you aren’t doing a cabana. Depending on how busy they are the waterfront lounge chairs go fast.
- A floater (extra liquor shot) in the frozen drinks is only $3 extra. Well worth it. The Heat Wave with a floater is the perfect start to the day.
- The Taco Truck next to cabana 8 is the best bang for your buck on food. The pizza off the menu is also a great thing to split for kids. Food portions are big. The salads looked amazing and my friend that ordered it said it tasted delicious. I of course went with everything but a salad.
- No need to bring towels or life jackets. They have plenty there for your usage. As a mom, I know we get stuck carrying all the things so I’m always trying to lighten my load.
- Measure kids before coming and check height requirements. They are pretty strict on those measurements.
- If you are like me and prefer to avoid people regardless of pandemics, go during the week. Tues was less crowded that Sunday.
- Plan staycation/vacation with friends. Soundwaves has so many options for adults that you deserve to have a great time too. My kids were so excited to be exploring with friends that we had so much adult time.
- Keep in mind with current restrictions, water fountains aren’t working. Bring filled waterbottles to make sure those floaters don’t have you floating.
- Typically to get into Soundwaves, you need to stay at the hotel. But if you want to rent a party room instead you can get all day access to the park with the rental.
- There are two adult only pools. One inside and one outside. Make yourself familiar with these areas.
- Get a waterproof pouch for your phone. You will want to bring it on the fun rides and they request the are hand free cases so the pouches with neck strap are great.
- Davidson County Residents 40% off with code L9Z.
- Tennessee Residents receive 25% off with code M16.
- Out of state guests 20% off with code BQ7.
- Book online HERE
Have you been to Soundwaves water park before? Where do you and your family like to go swimming? Let me know in a comment below!
Carlton Lee says
Why are there only white people on your advertising pictures??!!!!! It seems as if your saying whites only and I can do more and have more fun at a theme park for what soundwaves charging
Linda Stewart says
White people can’t have Blogs now? Get a life, Carlton Lee!