This post is sponsored by Beefitarian™ but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Beefitarian: /bēfiˈterēən/ noun. A person who craves beef. You daydream about it. You buy it. You order it. You grill it. You don’t like sharing it. You will eat beef at every opportunity and in any form because of its insane amount of flavor.
From as far back as I can remember I have been a self-proclaimed Beefitarian™. I come from a large Italian family where love is counted in the dirty pans in the sink at the end of the day. My mom shows love for her people by making them hearty meals. Food = love. From our “Taco Tuesdays” to “Burger Brunches” to “Steak Saturday” and everything in between, having good food with family and friends is a big part of our lives. As I became a mom, making sure my family was fed nutritious and healthy food to get all of our needed nutrients became a top priority. So happy to have passed along my Beefitarian™ genes to my kids so we can get crazy creative in our kitchen together.
Did you know 81% of consumers self identify as meat eaters? I wanted to team up with some favs and share all the ways we love to enjoy beef. No more intimidation while staring at the butcher. We want to highlight all the different cuts of beef and how to use them, making it easier for you to be creative in the kitchen..
Types of Beef That Make Great Sandwiches
- Angus beef
- Wagyu beef
- Organic beef
- Ground beef or ground chuck
- Beef brisket
- Strip steak
- so many more to choose from…
Why Beefitarians Love Beef
- It’s delicious. The flavor, juiciness, tenderness and buttery notes of beef is what drives Beefitarians crazy.
- It’s nutritious. It’s exceptionally rich in nutrients like high-quality protein, vitamins b12 and niacin and minerals iron and zinc.
- It’s simple to prepare. With just a few ingredients and a single pan, you can cook a meal that’s as delicious as one you’d order in a high-end steakhouse.
- It’s versatile. From breakfast to lunch to dinner and snacks, beef fits on the menu. We always cook extra making it easier to whip something else up for the next meal.
My Burger and Beats Inspiration
I took several things that make Nashville special and unique and used them to craft this recipe.
- Nashville Music Scene. Nashvillians love their music, from country to rock and everything in between music is found on every corner throughout the city. One of my favorite venues is The Bluebird Cafe. From the outside you would never know what an amazing place it is between those walls. But once inside you just feel the uniqueness.
- Meat and Three. I don’t know if we have more meat and threes or musicians in this city, but they are loved by all.
And the big reveal…..
The Black and Bleubird Burger
Bleu cheese was naturally the first thing that had to be included. We went with a top sirloin to add some pizazz to it. Along with the bleu cheese, pickled red onions we added then arugula to finish it off perfectly. It’s a simple sandwich with big flavor.
Bleu Cheese Fondue Recipe
Black and Bleubird Recipe
Pickled Red Onions
Now we need your HELP!
Our recipe is featured on the www.beefitarian.com website, and we need you all to go vote for your favorite recipe (clearly that’s mine, right?) from July 20-30, 2020. The more votes, the better – as every vote* will help make beef and other delicious, nutritious food available to those in need in the local Nashville community.
For every vote, Beefitarian will donate $1 to The Nashville Food Project up to $10,000!
What do you like most about this Burger and Beats black and bleubird burger? Let me know in a comment below!
Check out another fave recipe HERE.
Leave a Reply