From as far back as I can remember, I have been traveling to Sandestin area for Spring Breaks and Summer vacations. But when I was given the invite to attend a girls trip to Sandestin in January for the 30a Songwriters Festival, I instantly jumped at the opportunity.
I mean A.) because its a girls trip and I never say no to those and B.) because the calmness of Sandestin Beach in the off-season brings me so much joy C.) It’s the weekend of the 30A Songwriters Festival and those are guaranteed to be a great time.
Weather is perfection this time of year if you aren’t ready to get into a bathing suit. Except you still can, because indoor pool and I did see people in the ocean. But going to the beach during off season when the weather is cool enough to dress cute but warm enough to enjoy being outside is my ideal time.
It is such a great location for those in the south to be able to get away for a quick couple nights because you can get to Sandestin in a day drive or if want to fly, it is an hour direct flight from Nashville to Panama City Beach Airport. You all know I picked that flight to be able to spend more time on the beach. And my plane was jam packed full of people and musicians heading south for the 30A Songwriters Festival.
Girls Trip to the 30A Songwriters Festival
What is 30A Songwriters Festival
The 30A Songwriters Festival, now in its tenth year, is the major fundraiser for the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County (CAA), a private, non-profit 501(c)3 organization that champions the arts through leadership, advocacy, funding, programs and education.
The beach towns along Highway 30A on the Gulf of Mexico feature 30 venues presenting over 200 songwriters and 250 solo, band and in-the-round performances throughout the weekend of January 17 – 20, 2020. On the main stage at Grand Boulevard we listened to Indigo Girls, Tanya Tucker and Peter Noone. Being able to sit outside in amazing weather listening to songwriters was so much fun.
Where to Stay- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
10 years ago Derek and I packed our weekenders and headed down to Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa from Knoxville for our very first romantic weekend away. It was amazing trip. So I was pumped to be able to experience all that Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa had to offer with my girlfriends this go around. Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa is a 40 minute drive from the airport and such a central location to all the Sandestin has to offer. Right in the epicenter of shopping, food, entertainment, and of course on the most beautiful beaches.
From breakfast to lunch to dinner and everything in between Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa has you covered.
- SEAGAR’S PRIME STEAKS & SEAFOOD: Destin’s only – and Northwest Florida’s first – AAA Four-Diamond steakhouse. Enough said right? Getting dressed up and having a nice meal uninterrupted is what girls weekends are all about. The 600-label wine list here has won the “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine for 10 consecutive years.
- HADASHI SUSHI BAR: I almost embarrassed to admit how many times I ate here. But sushi is my love language. And theirs is amazing. Keep in mind on my trip, I was doing a whole30 and they were even able to accommodate.
- SANDCASTLES RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE: Located off the resort lobby, Sandcastles is the one restaurant at Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa that serves from morning until evening, in addition to late-night snacks in the Lounge. Each morning, Sandcastle‘s offers an enormous buffet as well as a full breakfast menu. This way we could get our toes in the sand as quick as possibly.
- IN-ROOM DINING: Room service would be a close second for love languages. Throwing on a comfy robe and eating food in bed while having complete control of a remote is what makes a girls weekend perfection.
- COFFEE SHOP: While they have coffee in the room, sometimes a little pick me up is nice or if you are looking for something fancier. The coffee shop has you covered. You can grab a coffee and pastry as well if you are looking for something lighter to start the day,
Serenity by the Sea Spa
Recognized as the “Best Spa” by Emerald Coast Magazine for the last nine years in its “Best of the Emerald Coast” listing, Serenity by the Sea Spa was the perfect way to start our day. My only regret is that I didn’t have time to spend the whole day here.
It houses spa facilities – men’s and women’s whirlpools, saunas, steam rooms and lounges – as well as a separate full-service salon, nail salon and a state-of-the-art fitness center with two Pelotons. You all know how much I love my Peloton. Now truthfully, I didn’t take advantage of the fitness center because my sole needed those early morning beach walks instead. But my girl Natasha started her day there each morning. Check out what she has to say here.
Since we were on a girls trip we clearly wanted to be able to hang together. Serenity by the Sea Spa has so many areas you can relax together and then get separate treatments done if you so choose. From the whirlpools to zero gravity chairs and sauna/steam rooms bonding time is done while you relax.
I highly recommend the facial. My glow lasted for days! But Lindsey and Natasha both mentioned how amazing their massages were, so I’m pretty sure you can’t go wrong here.
Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa can provide anything you might need for a great beach day. If you are like me, when I go on a girls trip I want to be able to carry my cute beach bag to the beach and that’s it. Unlike when I travel with my family and I’m pulling a wagon behind me. So beach chairs, umbrellas, towels and sunscreen are just a call away. They also offer kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, beach volleyball and beach bonfires.
We had a beach bonfire with a musician the first night we got there to get us warmed up for the 30A Songwriters Festival. It was so relaxing. The sound of the waves and feel of the breeze was the perfect way to end day one.
Best part of a beachside resort, is always the view. Your toes can be in the sand within minutes of leaving your room. You can also watch beach sunsets from your private balconies, as each guest room offers full or partial Gulf views. Imagine waking up to that view everyday!
- Grand Boulevard at Sandestin: There is also a 10-screen movie theater, art galleries, salons and a park, all set in a pedestrian-friendly layout. Along with amazing restaurants like Vintij and lots of shopping of course.
- Destin’s Silver Sands Premium Outlets: is one of the country’s best outlet centers – home to 110 designer and name brand outlet stores, as well as to several dining options.
- The Village of Baytowne Wharf: located just across the street. The village is also home to Baytowne Adventure Zone’s zip line and ropes course, arcades, a carousel, playground and 22 restaurants and nightlife venues in addition to lots of shopping outdoor space. Theres a shuttle that can take you there as well.
- The Market Shops are a collection of unique local boutiques just outside the entrance to the resort. Close enough to walk or ride your bike, but of course there is also a complimentary shuttle
There is so much to keep you and your girlfriends entertained both on the resort as well as off the resort. I’ll share a few of the things we did that made our trip so special.
- Beach Bonfire on night one. Toes in the sand cuddled up with sound of waves and a glass of wine was the perfect night one. There is also an indoor pool as well as multiple out door pools. Whats a trip to the beach without taking a dip.
- 30A Songwriters Festival.
- The Shard Shop: after lunch one day at Black Bear Bread Company we made next door to put our creativity to the test. Such a fun concept and gave us a little piece of San Destin to display in our homes. You have complete control of your design but of course there are plenty of templates to follow as well. And cutting glass is super therapeutic.
So don’t wait until next years 30A Songwriters Festival. Go now and enjoy all that Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa has to offer. From family trips to couples to girls getaways they have everything covered.
10% off our Best Available Rate Discount Code: BC
For stays 01/22/2020 – 12/31/2020. Black out dates apply. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.This is a call in only offer 850-267-9500.
Leave a Reply