I was invited to attend a conference at BEACHES in Turks and Caicos as part of being a #beachesmom and jumped at the opportunity to bring the whole family. While this trip was not hosted, it was discounted for us. This is in no way affects our review of the property. Thank you BEACHES for this amazing opportunity.
Why does Turks and Caicos need to be added to your bucket list? My husband and I have been checking the Caribbean Islands off our bucket list since we got married. From where we live in Nashville, it’s quicker to fly to the Caribbean than it is to get to most beaches. Making a long weekend is totally doable. With two young kids at home, a quick weekend getaway is about all we can do sometimes. While we love our adult only trips, we also love traveling with our kids. But up until this trip they have never traveled out of the country. Keep in mind that Grace Bay beach on Providenciales has been voted the World’s #1 Best Beach by TripAdvisor Travelers. And rightfully so. Out of all the islands we have been to, they definitely deserve this title.
Our kids are well-traveled but typically when we travel we don’t necessarily stay at the most kid-friendly places. We pick places the whole family can enjoy. And no offense, but most places geared towards families aren’t necessarily adult-friendly. I like places that are aesthetically pleasing. Hubs likes places with good beer and activities. Kids like water parks, characters, and the ability to snack all day. BEACHES Turks & Caicos checks all of these requirements and so much more.
Why We Love All-Inclusives
When my husband and I travel solo to the Caribbean we always chose all-inclusive. A true vacation is being able to get away from all adulting and let loose. And as much as I try to let loose at places that aren’t all-inclusive, in the back of my mind I am always taking into account the cost. And nothing is worse than being on vacation and being constantly bombarded with the thought of what it is costing.
BEACHES is truly ALL-INCLUSIVE. Once you arrive, you can lock up all cash and cards and not touch until you are ready to go. That in itself is super freeing for those that tend to not be budget-minded.
My kids saw something on the internet once and it was “your parents can’t say no for 24 hours.” Clearly, I need to do a better job of monitoring their internet consumption, but they have always wanted to play this game and of course, I always say no. But down here at BEACHES Turks & Caicos we can totally play this game.
What is All Included
- 5 Different Villages: One of my favorite aspects of BEACHES/SANDALS family is that they allow you to “Stay at one, play at all.” This is how we did an adult-only Jamaica on the cheap. Technically here in Turks and Caicos, it’s all on the same property. But you can stay in any of the rooms to meet your budget, but then venture off to enjoy any of the five different villages at your leisure.
- 21 Different Dining Options including everything from food trucks to hibachi. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. There isn’t an hour of the day you can’t get food. This is something I can get used to.
- Scuba Diving and Water sports. If you have done all-inclusive elsewhere you know how rare this really is.
- 15 Bars including swim ups and beach service and stocked mini-bars in the room.
- Round trip airport transfers. No need to wonder if you are getting safe transportation. They are waiting for you when you arrive.
- Sesame Street characters and activities.
- Day and Night Live Entertainment
- 10 fresh water pools, 4 whirlpools & 1 scuba diving pool
- Beach volleyball, tennis, basketball, fitness center,
- Kids Camp with certified nannies.( I can’t speak to this service but will include a link to a friends post that can better talk about this)
Kids Favorite Part About BEACHES Turks and Caicos
- Age-appropriate splash pad.
- Being able to interact with Sesame Street Characters.
- Nighttime entertainment like a quiet disco and poolside concerts.
- Endless buffets open all day long. Being able to try new foods. No waits at restaurants.
Husbands Favorite Part About BEACHES Turks and Caicos
- Locals and Staff: Everyone was very friendly and accommodating.
- Nighttime Entertainment. Kept kids entertained allowing them to stay up past bedtime which in turn allowed the adults to not have to go to bed early.
My Favorite Part About BEACHES Turks and Caicos
- Safety: I’m a mom first. And bringing my kids out of the country has always been scary to me. As much as I hate to admit, I have been influenced by media and have avoided trips because of it. But we have been to several places that while traveling to and from the resort, I thought to myself how glad I was that the kids weren’t there. Never once did I feel that way while in Turks and Caicos. On the resort and off the resort, I always felt super safe. Coming from me that’s huge.
- Food Options: Not only did we have quick options the kids loved, but I was still able to have sushi, hibachi, and fresh seafood which is what I crave the most when we travel. There literally is something for everyone. We are fortunate enough to not have food allergies. But if you are a mom who struggles feeding her family due to allergies, you are in luck. They take this super serious.
- Beautiful: The grounds were impeccably clean. Everything was beautifully decorated and the different villages let you have different experiences all in one place.
- Photographer Sessions: Even in my line of work, getting a family photoshoot in can be difficult. We scheduled a beachside photo shoot and the whole family left smiling. Which if you have ever taken family photos with kids and dad, you know this never happens. They were engaging and the best part, quick. This was not included in the price, but such a great add on.
Another thing that everyone from parents to kids, loved about BEACHES Turks & Caicos was the Kids Club. I am what you would probably consider a bit paranoid. At the current ages of 5 and 7, my kids have never been left with a babysitter, or anyone other than immediate family. So as you assumed, we didn’t utilize this option.
But I have friends that have used the facilities year after year with their kids of all ages and loved it! I’ll share their blog below so you can get a better idea from them about this offering.
We are fortunate to be able to travel a lot without kids. Knowing most people don’t have this luxury, Kids Club comes in super handy so you can sneak off with your hubs and enjoy a candlelight dinner on the beach or lounge at the pool without reapplying sunscreen every hour. The kids we were with asked to go daily.
Special Needs Families
Listening to the President of Sandals speak on this topic was amazing. There was so much pride knowing they work so very hard to be accommodating. As the first resort company in the world to complete the rigorous International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES) training and Autism Certification, Beaches is proud to offer families with children with autism and other special needs specialized service, engaging activities and custom dining options so that all families may enjoy a memorable, award-winning vacation experience.
Returning from BEACHES Turks & Caicos
So after five nights there I can’t actually say anyone was ready to come home. Which if you have traveled with us in the past you know we love our long weekend getaways. We truly loved this trip and all that we were able to do together as a family. But there was some readjusting that had to happen when we returned.
- Dining out is no longer all-inclusive.
- Kids won’t love having to wait for a table at a restaurant.
- Your kids won’t love that they can’t grab ice cream or macaroni from food trucks any time of day.
- They will need to re-learn how to keep themselves entertained. No longer endless things to do all day and night.
- Kids will ask to go back to BEACHES daily.
Consensus: We can’t wait to go back. And 100% recommend you take your family there. And don’t forget to invite Grandparents, they will love it as well.
Bringing a baby? Check out Meg O. blog on her experience HERE.
Worried your kids will never make the flight? I’ve got you covered HERE sharing our essentials for easy traveling.