Our outdoor spaces become the hub of spring and summer get togethers. As the days grow longer and warmer we naturally want to transition into outdoor cookouts and cocktails with a sunset view. Or maybe it is our kids constant nagging to want to play outside until bedtime.
This patio decor ideas post is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own.
Either way one of my favorite decor projects each year is bring out the patio decor that has been in storage over the winter and transforming our patio into an outdoor oasis the whole family can enjoy. This can be done with a few patio decor ideas that really brightening up the area and add tons of color.
We built our house 3 years ago and one of my biggest regrets was not adding the covered patio to the plans. So we have a deck and patio but no coverings. Makes for a perfect night time retreat but does lack the versatility of enjoying it in all weather. So if you are like me we have to keep sunlight and rain in mind when planning our spaces.
Patio Decor Ideas:
One of the easiest way to amp up a space is to add some greenery. Plants instantly make everything cozier and tropical. We only get sunshine for a few hours in the morning so my choices were limited in terms of types of plants. Keep that in mind when searching for a plant to add.
Since we don’t get a lot of sun and don’t have a covered porch a traditional indoor/ outdoor rug wasn’t going to work well in this space. We have tried before and it never really fully dried. A wet rug and deck is a terrible combo and results in rooted wood. So this year I went with this Black And Cream Reversible Indoor Outdoor Rio Floor Mat. It is a recycled plastic material that is super lightweight and easy to hang to dry. I’ll let you know how it holds up but so far I love what its done to the space.
Fun fact: before blogging I went to light school for my old job in Industrial Automation.
Never would I have imagined these two jobs would collide, but here we are. While there I learned a lot about color psychology and the importance of color.
When decorating knowing how to incorporate light color psychology into your home’s décor can give any space that extra special something. Most guests won’t able to point it out like the piece of art on the wall but will definitely feel it while in the space.
I recently learned about Enbrighten Seasons Color Changing Cafe Lights & Mini Landscape Lights I knew they would make the perfect addition to brighten up this space. Color makes all the difference in the world in decor and with over 120 possible color combinations, you can use the remote to easily switch from a classic white glow or any single color to any two-color combination or one of the preset modes like colorful rainbow, red, white and blue, and more. And if you are lazy like me when it comes to holiday decor, it can be changed up so very quick. Think pink for our Barbie Dream House Party to Red and Green for Christmas. All with the touch of a button.
- Product details – Enbrighten Mini Landscape Lights:
- Available in 4 different lengths (6 pucks/10 ft, 12 pucks/22 ft., 24 pucks/46 ft, 36 puck/70 ft.) All lengths have 22 ft. lead wire and flexible 2 ft. spacing between lights.
- Remote controlled features to wirelessly control and customize lights including – dimming, countdown timers, preset themes, effects, change colors (over 120 color combinations, or any two-color combo), and 3 adjustable white light (warm white, soft white, daylight).
- Premium quality for year-round use and multiple mounting options for up or down lighting for flower beds, gardens, walkways, decks, accent lighting, eaves, indoor, kitchens, celebrations, and more.
- Pairable remote- pair included remote to control both cafe lights and landscape lights with one remote.
- Everything you need to make your space colorful and bright all year is included the box!
Product details – Enbrighten Seasons Cafe Lights:
- Durable impact resistant acrylic Edison-style bulbs won’t break if dropped, stepped on, or blown around in the wind. Commercial grade construction and UL Listed for permanent indoor and outdoor installation, designed to withstand year-round exposure to the elements so you only have to set them up once
- Remote controlled features to wirelessly control and customize lights including – dimming, countdown timers, preset themes, effects, change colors (over 120 color combinations, or any two-color combo
- Pairable remote- pair included remote to control both Cafe Lights and Landscape Lights with one remote.
When you don’t have a covered porch you have to get creative in order to use it during the day. I looked long and hard for an umbrella that I wouldn’t mind seeing from the street. This black and white umbrella is large enough to cover alot of my deck. I love it because it reminds me of the Amalfi beaches in Italy. I have never been before, but I assume these are covering the beach. If I am wrong, don’t correct me. I like my fantasy land
My table seats 6 but I typically use the bench as its own seating area and then when we have more for dinner put it back around the table. I am also on the hunt for some stools/side tables to use as additional seating.
Drink Cooler/Food Server
What’s a party or get together without food and drink? If you are like me after the kids have been playing in the sprinkler the last thing you want is them running in and out of the house so having a place to hold the drinks and snacks is pertinent in keeping the outdoors where it belongs. So I converted this old wash basin into a cooler and serving tray. Add some ice and drinks and you are good to go. Under the tray you can store extra snacks for when you are running low.
Leave a Reply