This post is sponsored by Kohl’s. I was paid for this post and received the included fragrances and perfumes as compensation.
What is the one gift you never buy for yourself but you NEED it yearly? Personal fragrance! For as long as I can remember my mom has bought me perfume every Christmas. Now you may be thinking that purchasing something as intimate as fragrance might be hard to do for someone else. But call me Santa’s helper because I am about to make it so much easier for you.
Before we dive into how to chose I want to mention a few things. Fragrances smell differently on people based on several factors. So what scent you love on your grandma, might not work for your mom due to body chemistry so you can’t just go off the blotter papers in the fragrance department because the oils in your skin change the fragrance. Several other factors contribute to the differences as well such as diet, hormones, and pH levels. Have I overwhelmed you yet?
- Repeat Past Favorites
- If you already know the fragrance that the person likes, or has worn in the past, head on into Kohls Fragrance department and they will be able to suggest something similar, or in the same smell family. This gives you options to consider and saves time.
- Focus on Personality Traits of User
- We typically wear fragrances that match our personalities. I am drawn to perfumes that are loud, powerful, spicy, and complex. If that doesn’t describe me to a t I don’t know what does. I would feel like an imposter wearing a powdery fresh floral. So let the Kohls Fragrance department know who your recipient is and they can suggest a few options.
- Help them Step Outside Their Comfort Zone
- Sometimes we need a little nudge to update our fragrance and a gift is a great way to do that. Someone needs to buy my grandmother a new perfume because she has literally been wearing the same perfume from the 60s and when you walk by her you will definitely know it’s vintage. (not a good thing in the perfume market). Find a fragrance that reminds you of an experience or memory you all share and that bottle of perfume just became a very personalized gift.
- Buy it based off the bottle.
- Most people leave their bottles out on the bathroom countertop so it might as well be something pretty to look at. Just like wine, bottle and label are good indications of the type of fragrance they are. So when in doubt, buy something pretty to look at.
I’m sharing three of my favorite perfumes/colognes to gift those special someones in your life. They are unique enough to fit a wide variety of people but unique enough to be a gift that has meaning.
For the Ladies in Your Life
Gucci Bamboo eau de parfum is soft and intense at once, blooming with notes.
Fragrance Notes in Gucci Bamboo : exotic Casablanca Lily and Tahitian Vanilla. Sandalwood and Grey Amber balance the fragrance’s femininity with a resonating woody contrast. A woody and floral fragrance.
Embrace your beauty and express your femininity with Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau de Toilette. Philosophy’s bestselling, amazingly clean, and beautifully feminine scent.
Fragrance Notes in Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance: welcoming bergamot to greet the senses, irresistibly soft, clean muguet blossoms, and lasting musk with its classic beauty.
For the Men in Your Life
Combine nature and casual activities with this masculine Lacoste Blanc cologne. This cologne features a blend of woody and herbal components.
Fragrance Notes in Lacoste Blanc: Grapefruit, rosemary, cardamom, cedar leaf, natural tuberose, ylang ylang, olibanum, cedar wood, georgy wood and vetiver.
For the Beauty lovers in your life, If you want a little more than just a Perfume, check out Beauty & Fragrance Gift Sets for specials that combine this amazing scents with a little bit extra. Always a great value and something that will be put to use.
My blog may contain links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. When you click on a link, your information may be collected by those websites so I encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Any affiliate links are not associated with Kohl’s.