This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of FAGE; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
A lot of us are several weeks into school already. If you are anything like me you are probably already running out of ideas for afternoon snacks, right? Well, for this blog post I have teamed up with all-natural Greek strained FAGE Total yogurt to give you some fresh ideas to keep the kids (and you) satisfied until dinner time.
By the time the kids get off the bus or home from pickup line, we all need an energy boost to get us all to bedtime. It is also around this time that my coffee has worn off. I need something we can all sit down and enjoy together while catching up about our day. Back-to-school doesn’t have to mean back to the same old boring snacks day after day. FAGE Total, a delicious yet nutrient-packed Greek yogurt, to the rescue. With its versatility, you don’t ever have to worry about kids being bored (or hungry).
My goal going into kindergarten was to create habits from day one that will follow us through school. I want clothing picked out the night before and backpacks packed up. I want story time curled up in a bed as an every evening activity. Not just a when it fits our schedule type activity. I want dinners to happen around a table nightly. And I want afternoons to be free from work and technology allowing us to just be together.
Food should be fun, taste amazing and provide my family with the nutrition they need. FAGE Total 5% along with interchangeable toppings makes for the perfect afternoon snack that fits the bill plus helps us empty the fridge at the end of the week when we have a hodgepodge of foods left over.
FAGE Total 5% is the perfect solution for an afternoon snack attack.
- High in protein: 18g to be exact.
- Minimal Ingredients: 2, yep not a typo.
- Low sugar: No added sugar and only 6 grams in 7oz serving.
- Lots of brain healthy fats help keep hunger at bay.
- Texture and flavor of FAGE Total 5% is so rich and creamy, they think they are having a dessert.
Creating Your Own Healthy Yogurt Bar
- FAGE Total 5% Greek Yogurt
- Fresh fruit
- Pecans, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios
- Dried fruits
- Baked, crunchy chocolate coconut chips (my favorite)
- Fresh seasonal fruit like strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, bananas
- Granola and other favorite cereals
- If you need a little extra sweetener. Think honey. But typically fruit or coconut chips are plenty for us.
Eating foods high in protein and healthy fats in the afternoon help keep you from the dreaded mid-afternoon slump which typically leads to bad decisions.
Go surprise the kids with one! Let me know what toppings you use and what your kids think of this healthy (and fun!) snack idea. And don’t forget the cherry on top!
Click HERE to find what FAGE Total varieties are at your favorite stores.
Loving this FAGE Total feature? Take a look here for more of my healthy living favorites!
Leave a Reply