I have teamed up with JCPenney to share our back to school routine for getting ready for Kindergarten while being stylish of course.
The final days of summer are here and Kindergarten is right around the corner. Mommas, this is what we have been training for years for, right? As a first time Kindergarten mom, this time can be full of all kinds of emotions. On a daily basis, I cry, laugh, pat myself on the back while questioning every parenting decision I have made to date.
She was born for this. No way is she ready. No way am I ready. What is her sister going to do? Isn’t she still just a baby. Where did the time go? This is my brain on Kindergarten prep.
With a couple weeks before full-time school starts we are getting into a back to school routine in order to make this transition a little easier on my oldest. Knowing her personality we are really working with her to make sure she feels comfortable and secure. While I am more of a roll with the punches type, she is quite the opposite and I know my chill attitude will stress her to the max. She likes to know what’s going on and what to expect.
Back to School Routine for Kindergarten.
- Going to bed earlier. Bedtime has always been of importance, but summertimes days are longer and we are a little more lenient. But gone are the nights of them laying in bed at 10 pm still laughing and giggling. We are getting into bed earlier so they still have time to unwind and talk but quiet time is now 8 pm.
- Choosing our clothing for the next day the night before. We hit up JCPenney for our back to school clothing needs. With the amazing selection at the perfect price point, it was a no-brainer. Not to mention, I was able to pick out things for myself so we could coordinate.
- Working on our grooming in the am. The last thing I want to do is start off each day yelling because we are late and running behind. So we have been working on brushing teeth and hair solo so she can come down ready to go. We hit up YouTube for hair tutorials that I could do and she loves. I’m still perfecting my skills in this department.
- Coffee chats in the morning. We pray about our day and show gratitude. This might be my favorite part of our back to school routine. It’s quiet, there is coffee, and great conversation.
- Putting together lunches. Now, my mom made my lunch until I was 18 years old. Thanks, mom! But I’m going to be the mean mom and make them help me. I love to use this time to teach them how to create balanced meals and the reasons we need certain food groups at certain times of the day. Naturally, they are still looking to just fill with fruit snacks but it’ll sink in one day.
- Practicing after-school routines. What to do after school when I am not there for pickup or if we choose to ride the bus. How to get into the house. These are all things we have never worked on before but being prepared is so important for her safety and my peace of mind.
- Packing up bags and getting everything ready to grab and go in am. There were too many times last year during MDO that we would be running around the morning of trying to figure out what we needed. This year we are doing it differently. Bags by the door ready to go before bed. I have a feeling this is going to be a gamechanger.
What are we wearing?
Head to toe JCPenney with on-trend looks at prices that fit my budget. Time to re-discover style and value with trends your whole family will love.