Thank you to Planters Peanuts for sponsoring this impromptu party but allowing me to use my voice and creative.
The holidays to me are one of the easiest times to plan a get together. You already have the house decorated, most likely have all kind of treats stocked in the pantry, outfits picked out for holiday parties, not to mention you just have a really great reason to celebrate. It’s the end of a year.
So I’m not quite sure which comes first, the drink or the food. It’s like the old saying “What comes first, the chicken or the egg?” But since I am more apt to hit up the bar when I walk in a party, I’ll start there.
Cinnamon Maple Whiskey Sour
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz Lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon, ground
- Lemon Wedge
- Cinnamon and sugar rim
Sweet and Spicy Mixed Planters Nuts
Ingredients (most adults have all these ingredients lingering in their pantry already)
- 4 cups Planter’s Mixed Nuts, lightly salted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper to make cleanup a breeze.
- Combine nuts and dry spices in a bowl.
- Heat sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted then pour over nuts
- Place nuts on baking sheet; spread into single layer.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Stir nuts and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Charcuterie Board aka Meat and Cheese Plate
Once again these are all items you should just have lying around just in case. I could have thrown some pickles or olives on here too. This is basically a great way to clean out the fridge. The crazier the better.
- sliced, cured meats
- soft and hard cheeses
- Planter’s Mixed Nuts
I honestly go around my house and grab things that could be used for tablescapes or as focal points for decor. And at this time of year its pretty much already done for you.
- Christmas Lights for ambiance
- Greenery for aroma
- Greenery (can’t have enough)
In this house our entertainment is typically food, drink, and football. and then we throw in a game but other than that we are all typically content