Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Breathe Right, DIAL®, Halls, Kleenex, Theraflu and TYLENOL®. All opinions are mine alone. #HappilyStocked #CollectiveBias
When I worked away from the home, a sick day was kind of a blessing in disguise. I used to lay around the house in no pants, snuggling babies all day. Exactly what I imagine heaven will be like. Now that I am home full time and work full time running 2 businesses, I will do anything to avoid sickness. I have two kids in MDO and no awareness of bodily fluids, so being exposed to germs is inevitable. But nothing is worse than one of the kids bringing something home only to pass it to every member of the house including the husband and yourself. And mommas you know when hubs is down for the count, the end of the world is near, and you are equally sick but you still have to tend to sick kids and clean up the messes.
So now that it’s that season for sharing unfavorable sicknesses, we pull out all the stops to make sure we keep the house up and running (and those kids at school.)
Steps to Lessen Germs in the House
- Stock up now on OTC essentials every time you visit Kroger, the last thing you want to happen is getting caught off guard at 2 am. Because no one ever gets sick during the day and having that peace of mind knowing you are ready when it hits, makes all the difference in the world.
- As soon as you walk in wash hands with an Antibacterial Hand Soap like Dial White Tea & Vitamin E. This helps kill 99.9% germs. Besides living in a bubble, this is the number one preventative measure you can take. Not to mention it helps keep your hands moisturized during these colder temps.
- Wash hands before every meal or snack. Since my kids eat all day, we basically live at the sink. It’s basically a winter water table. Obviously the restroom this is a given regardless of the season but just to be sure we are all on the same page.
- A box of Kleenex Anti-Viral is set out in EVERY room of our house. This is the thickest tissue I have tried so no worries in a ripped tissue mid-sneeze. And you can never have enough Anti-Viral as this kills 99.9% of viruses in the tissue and is my go to. Because have you ever seen a toddler use a tissue and then throw it away in a garbage can? Yeah, me neither.
- I also go around to doorknobs, remotes, light switches, and all hard surfaces and clean more frequently during these winter months.
But no matter how hard you try to prevent, sometimes you can’t help it and they break through the barrier you have created. Now we need to get defensive and make sure they are gone quickly.
How to Live with Germs and Lesson their Home Invasion
- I lay awake many nights listening to the relaxing sounds of my husband sawing logs next to me. Ha. So you can only imagine the sleepless nights I get when he is congested. So we stock up on Breath Right Strips. I love these because they are drug-free and helps increase airflow 38% more than nose sprays. So he can breathe better. And when he breathes better, he can sleep better meaning he can get better quicker. Not to mention I sleep better which is the most important thing.
- Next to the nightstand is where we keep our Halls. Helps relieve sore, scratchy throats and calms that cough. Once again making sleep more enjoyable for the both of us.
When things take a turn for the worse, we have to bring in the big boys.
- Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu defeats 7 cold & flu symptoms fast. Defeats a sore throat, nasal congestion, chest congestion, fever, cough, headache, body aches.
- Baths. They make everyone feel better. We close the doors and make a sauna with the shower running hot water and relax.I dream of doing this when I’m not sick but unfortunately it never happens, because of kids.
- Tylenol® Cold + Flu Severe Day/Night – All in one Cold and Flu symptom relief from Tylenol® the #1 doctor recommended pain relief brand
So this fall and winter do yourself and everyone you come into contact with and be diligent with washing hands to keep from spreading germs. Also if you are sick or your kids are sick. Stay home, please. They can learn their colors tomorrow.
Have any other tips to keep us well this fall and winter? Share below.
1. Read and follow label directions.
1. © The Dial Corporation, a Henkel company
2.* Based on unit sales of soap products in last 52 weeks scanned data
1. HALLS Cough Drops temporarily soothe sore throats.
1. ® Registered Trademark or * Trademark of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. © KCWW.
1. Read and follow label directions.
- Brand name in text must always be in uppercase followed by registered mark – TYLENOL®
- © Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2016
- Single package shown – “Use only as directed”
- Multiple products show – “Use products only as directed”
- If multiple products containing acetaminophen are in featured, “The makers of TYLENOL® remind you to use only one medicine with acetaminophen at a time”